The City of Snook is looking for a full-time City Administrator/City Secretary.
The City of Snook is a growing community located 14 miles southwest of College Station. The City is looking for a City Administrator/City Secretary with excellent administrative skills and knowledge of municipal government and development to help guide the City as it continues to grow. Benefits will include a salary of $55,000-$65,000, participation in retirement and medical insurance programs.
In this role you would be responsible for the following:
· Provide staff support to the Mayor and City Council.
· Manage day-to-day operations of the City.
· Prepare agendas and minutes for City Council meetings.
· Oversee records management program for the City as the City’s Public Information Officer.
· Maintain, safeguard, and record all documents approved by the City Council.
· Perform research on records for public and City Council as requested.
· Coordinate and update City's Code of Ordinances.
· Serve as the Election Administrator for all City elections.
· Work with the Mayor to provide a proposed budget to the City Council and meet all statutory budget and tax deadlines.
· Serves as liaison between the public and the City Council.
· Serve as supervisor over all other City employees.
· Serve as primary point of contact for developers.
· Performs other duties as may be required by the City Council or State Law.
Submit resumes with cover letter and references no later than May 6, 2022, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Comprehensive knowledge of the principles and practices of public administration and thorough knowledge of municipal finance practices.
· Knowledge and understanding of economic development.
· Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, databases, and web applications.
· Ability to write clear and concise reports, memoranda, directives, and letters.
· Ability to analyze complex problems and develop comprehensive plans.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Mayor, City Council, and the general public.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor's degree in public administration, accounting, business, and/or related field.
· 3 years’ experience and success serving in a senior level administration position or a Master’s Degree in public administration, business, and/or a related field.
· Experience in a public administration leadership capacity, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.